195.450 Definitions.§ 195.450 Definitions.
The following definitions apply to this section and § 195.452:
Emergency flow restricting device or EFRD means a check valve or remote control valve as follows:
(1) Check valve means a valve that permits fluid to flow freely in one direction and contains a mechanism to automatically prevent flow in the other direction.
(2) Remote control valve or RCV means any valve that is operated from a location remote from where the valve is installed. The RCV is usually operated by the supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) system. The linkage between the pipeline control center and the RCV may be by fiber optics, microwave, telephone lines, or satellite.
High consequence area means:
(1) A commercially navigable waterway, which means a waterway where a substantial likelihood of commercial navigation exists;
(2) A high population area, which means an urbanized area, as defined and delineated by the Census Bureau, that contains 50,000 or more people and has a population density of at least 1,000 people per square mile;
(3) An other populated area, which means a place, as defined and delineated by the Census Bureau, that contains a concentrated population, such as an incorporated or unincorporated city, town, village, or other designated residential or commercial area;
(4) An unusually sensitive area, as defined in § 195.6.[Amdt. 195-70, 65 FR 75405, Dec. 1, 2000]