750.306 Documentation for Federal participation.§ 750.306 Documentation for Federal participation.
The following information concerning each sign must be available in the State's files to be eligible for Federal participation.
(a) Payment to sign owner. (1) A photograph of the sign in place. Exceptions may be made in cases where in one transaction the State has acquired a number of a company's nominal value signs similar in size, condition and shape. In such cases, only a sample of representative photographs need be provided to document the type and condition of the signs.
(2) Evidence showing the sign was nonconforming as of the date of taking.
(3) Value documentation and proof of obligation of funds.
(4) Satisfactory indication of ownership of the sign and compensable interest therein (e.g., lease or other agreement with the property owner, or an affidavit, certification, or other such evidence of ownership).
(5) Evidence that the sign falls within one of the three categories shown in § 750.302 of this regulation. The specific category should be identified.
(6) Evidence that the right, title, or interest pertaining to the sign has passed to the State, or that the sign has been removed.
(b) Payment to the site owner. (1) Evidence that an agreement has been reached between the State and owner.
(2) Value documentation and proof of obligation of funds.
(3) Satisfactory indication of ownership or compensable interest.
(c) In those cases where Federal funds participate in 100 percent of the cost of removal, the State file shall contain the records of the relocation made prior to January 4, 1975.[39 FR 27436, July 29, 1974, as amended at 41 FR 31198, July 27, 1976]