604.14 Recipient's notification to registered charter providers.§ 604.14 Recipient's notification to registered charter providers.
(a) Upon receiving a request for charter service, a recipient may:
(1) Decline to provide the service, with or without referring the requestor to FTA's charter registration Web site (http://www.fta.dot.gov/laws/leg_reg_179.html);
(2) Provide the service under an exception provided in subpart B of this part; or
(3) Provide notice to registered charter providers as provided in this section and provide the service pursuant to § 604.9.
(b) If a recipient is interested in providing charter service under the exception contained in § 604.9, then upon receipt of a request for charter service, the recipient shall provide e-mail notice to registered charter providers in the recipient's geographic service area in the following manner:
(1) E-mail notice of the request shall be sent by the close of business on the day the recipient receives the request unless the recipient received the request after 2 p.m., in which case the recipient shall send the notice by the close of business the next business day;
(2) E-mail notice sent to the list of registered charter providers shall include:
(i) Customer name, address, phone number, and e-mail address (if available);
(ii) Requested date of service;
(iii) Approximate number of passengers;
(iv) Whether the type of equipment requested is (are) bus(es) or van(s); and
(v) Trip itinerary and approximate duration; and
(3) If the recipient intends to provide service that meets the definition of charter service under § 604.3(c)(2), the e-mail notice must include the fare the recipient intends to charge for the service.
(c) A recipient shall retain an electronic copy of the e-mail notice and the list of registered charter providers that were sent e-mail notice of the requested charter service for a period of at least three years from the date the e-mail notice was sent.
(d) If a recipient receives an “undeliverable” notice in response to its e-mail notice, the recipient shall send the notice via facsimile. The recipient shall maintain the record of the undeliverable e-mail notice and the facsimile sent confirmation for a period of three years.