604.13 Registration of private charter operators.§ 604.13 Registration of private charter operators.
(a) Private charter operators shall provide the following information at http://www.fta.dot.gov/laws/leg_reg_179.html to be considered a registered charter provider:
(1) Company name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and facsimile number;
(2) Federal and, if available, state motor carrier identifying number;
(3) The geographic service areas of public transit agencies, as identified by the transit agency's zip code, in which the private charter operator intends to provide charter service;
(4) The number of buses or vans the private charter operator owns;
(5) A certification that the private charter operator has valid insurance; and
(6) Whether willing to provide free or reduced rate charter services to registered qualified human service organizations.
(b) A private charter operator that provides valid information in this subpart is a “registered charter provider” for purposes of this part and shall have standing to file a complaint consistent with subpart F.
(c) A recipient, a registered charter provider, or their duly authorized representative, may challenge a registered charter provider's registration and request removal of the private charter operator from FTA's charter registration Web site by filing a complaint consistent with subpart F.
(d) FTA may refuse to post a private charter operator's information if the private charter operator fails to provide all of the required information as indicated on the FTA charter registration Web site.
(e) A registered charter provider shall provide current and accurate information on FTA's charter registration Web site, and shall update that information no less frequently than every two years.