127.321 Release of LNG.§ 127.321 Release of LNG.
(a) The operator of the waterfront facility handling LNG shall ensure that -
(1) No person releases LNG into the navigable waters of the United States; and
(2) If there is a release of LNG, vessels near the facility are notified of the release by the activation of the warning alarm.
(b) If there is a release of LNG, the person in charge of shoreside transfer operations shall -
(1) Immediately notify the person in charge of cargo transfer on the vessel of the intent to shutdown;
(2) Shutdown transfer operations;
(3) Notify the COTP of the release; and
(4) Not resume transfer operations until authorized by the COTP.[CGD 78-038, 53 FR 3376, Feb. 7, 1988, as amended by CGD 88-049, 60 FR 39796, Aug. 3, 1995]