127.319 LNG transfer.§ 127.319 LNG transfer.
During LNG transfer operations, the following must be met:
(a) The operator of the waterfront facility handling LNG shall ensure that -
(1) The marine transfer area for LNG is under the supervision of a person in charge, who has no other assigned duties during the transfer operation;
(2) Personnel transferring fuel or oily waste are not involved in LNG transfer; and
(3) No vessels are moored outboard of any LNG vessel without the permission of the COTP.
(b) The person in charge of shoreside transfer operations shall -
(1) Be in continuous communication with the person in charge of transfer operations on the vessel;
(2) Ensure that an inspection of the transfer piping and equipment for leaks, frost, defects, and other symptoms of safety and operational problems is conducted at least once every transfer;
(3) Ensure that transfer operations are discontinued -
(i) Before electrical storms or uncontrolled fires are adjacent to the marine transfer area for LNG; and
(ii) As soon as a fire is detected; and
(4) Ensure that the lighting systems are turned on between sunset and sunrise.Note:
Vessel transfer requirements are published in 46 CFR Part 154.[CGD 78-038, 53 FR 3376, Feb. 7, 1988, as amended by CGD 88-049, 60 FR 39796, Aug. 3, 1995]