127.315 Preliminary transfer inspection.§ 127.315 Preliminary transfer inspection.
Before transferring LNG, the person in charge of shoreside transfer operations shall -
(a) Inspect the transfer piping and equipment to be used during the transfer and replace any worn or inoperable parts;
(b) For each of the vessel's cargo tanks from which cargo will be transferred, note the pressure, temperature, and volume to ensure they are safe for transfer;
(c) Review and agree with the person in charge of cargo transfer on the vessel to -
(1) The sequence of transfer operations;
(2) The transfer rate;
(3) The duties, location, and watches of each person assigned for transfer operations; and
(4) Emergency procedures from the examined Emergency Manual;
(d) Ensure that transfer connections allow the vessel to move to the limits of its moorings without placing strain on the loading arm or transfer piping system;
(e) Ensure that each part of the transfer system is aligned to allow the flow of LNG to the desired location;
(f) Ensure that warning signs that warn that LNG is being transferred, are displayed;
(g) Eliminate all ignition sources in the marine transfer area for LNG;
(h) Ensure that personnel are on duty in accordance with the examined Operations Manual; and
(i) Test the following to determine that they are operable:
(1) The sensing and alarm systems.
(2) The emergency shutdown system.
(3) The communication systems.[CGD 78-038, 53 FR 3376, Feb. 7, 1988, as amended by CGD 88-049, 60 FR 39796, Aug. 3, 1995]