127.1315 Preliminary transfer inspection.§ 127.1315 Preliminary transfer inspection.
Before each transfer, the person in charge of transfer for the facility shall -
(a) Inspect piping and equipment within the marine transfer area for LHG to be used for transfer and ensure that it meets the requirements in this part;
(b) Determine the contents, pressure, temperature, and capacity of each storage tank to or from which LHG will be transferred, to ensure that it is safe for transfer;
(c) Confer with the person in charge of transfer aboard the vessel, to review and agree on -
(1) The sequence of acts required for transfer;
(2) The rate, maximum working pressure, and minimum working temperature of transfer;
(3) The duties, stations, and watches of each person assigned for transfer; and
(4) The emergency procedures in the examined Emergency Manual;
(d) Ensure that the vessel is securely moored and that the transfer connections allow it to move to the limits of its moorings without placing a strain on the piping, hose, or loading arm used for transfer;
(e) Ensure that each part of the transfer system is aligned to allow the flow of LHG to the desired place;
(f) Ensure the display of the warning signs required by § 127.1113;
(g) Ensure that the requirements of this part concerning smoking and fire protection are met;
(h) Ensure that qualified personnel are on duty in accordance with the examined Operations Manual and §§ 127.1301 and 127.1302; and
(i) Test the following to determine that they are operable:
(1) The communication system required by § 127.1111.
(2) The gas detectors required by § 127.1203.