127.013 Suspension of transfer operations.§ 127.013 Suspension of transfer operations.
(a) The COTP may issue an order to the operator to suspend LHG or LNG transfer operations if the COTP finds any condition requiring immediate action to -
(1) Prevent damage to, or the destruction of, any bridge or other structure on or in the navigable waters of the United States, or any land structure or shore area immediately adjacent to such waters; and
(2) Protect the navigable waters and the resources therein from harm resulting from vessel or structure damage, destruction, or loss.
(b) Each order to suspend transfer operations issued under paragraph (a) of this section -
(1) Is effective immediately;
(2) Contains a statement of each condition requiring immediate action; and
(3) Is withdrawn by the COTP whenever each condition is corrected or no longer exists.[CGD 78-038, 53 FR 3376, Feb. 7, 1988, as amended by CGD 88-049, 60 FR 39795, Aug. 3, 1995]