982.453 Owner breach of contract.§ 982.453 Owner breach of contract.
(a) Any of the following actions by the owner (including a principal or other interested party) is a breach of the HAP contract by the owner:
(1) If the owner has violated any obligation under the HAP contract for the dwelling unit, including the owner's obligation to maintain the unit in accordance with the HQS.
(2) If the owner has violated any obligation under any other HAP contract under Section 8 of the 1937 Act (42 U.S.C. 1437f).
(3) If the owner has committed fraud, bribery or any other corrupt or criminal act in connection with any federal housing program.
(4) For projects with mortgages insured by HUD or loans made by HUD, if the owner has failed to comply with the regulations for the applicable mortgage insurance or loan program, with the mortgage or mortgage note, or with the regulatory agreement; or if the owner has committed fraud, bribery or any other corrupt or criminal act in connection with the mortgage or loan.
(5) If the owner has engaged in drug-related criminal activity.
(6) If the owner has committed any violent criminal activity.
(b) The PHA rights and remedies against the owner under the HAP contract include recovery of overpayments, abatement or other reduction of housing assistance payments, termination of housing assistance payments, and termination of the HAP contract.[60 FR 34695, July 3, 1995, as amended at 64 FR 26647, May 14, 1999; 64 FR 56914, Oct. 21, 1999; 65 FR 16821, Mar. 30, 2000]