1435.503 In-kind payments.§ 1435.503 In-kind payments.
(a) CCC will, through such methods as CCC deems appropriate, make payments in the form of sugar held in CCC inventory.
(b) To the maximum extent practicable, CCC will use its inventory in making an in-kind payment based on the following priority:
(1) CCC-owned sugar held in storage by the processor;
(2) CCC-owned sugar held in storage by any other processor in the same region as the producer;
(3) CCC-owned sugar held in storage by any other processor that is not in the same region as the producer; and
(4) CCC-owned sugar held in storage anywhere in the United States, if CCC determines that such sugar is eligible to be used for in-kind payments.
(c) The value of CCC-owned inventory is dependent upon the storage location of the sugar and the type of sugar (raw or refined). CCC will announce the value of its inventory before bid solicitation. Accordingly, the quantity of sugar CCC will provide in terms of an in-kind payment to a processor will be determined by dividing:
(1) The total of the processor's bid amount that CCC accepts, by
(2) The value of CCC's inventory at the storage location at which title will transfer from CCC to the processor.[67 FR 54928, Aug. 26, 2002. Redesignated at 74 FR 15367, Apr. 6, 2009]