1435.311 Proportionate shares for sugarcane producers.§ 1435.311 Proportionate shares for sugarcane producers.
(a) Proportionate shares and the provisions of this section and §§ 1435.312 through 1435.316 apply only to Louisiana sugarcane farms.
(b) CCC will determine whether Louisiana sugar production, in the absence of proportionate shares, will exceed the quantity needed to enable processors to fill the State cane sugar allotment and provide a normal carryover inventory. If the determination is made that the quantity of sugar produced in Louisiana, plus a normal carryover inventory, will exceed the State's allotment, CCC will establish for each sugarcane producing farm a proportionate share that limits the sugarcane acreage that may be harvested on the farm for sugar or seed.
(c) For purposes of determining proportionate shares CCC will:
(1) Establish the State's per-acre yield goal at a level not less than the average per-acre yield in the State for the 2 highest years from among the 1999 through 2001 crop years;
(2) Adjust the per-acre yield goal by the State average recovery rate;
(3) Convert the State cane sugar allotment into a State acreage allotment by dividing the State allotment by the adjusted per-acre yield goal;
(4) Establish a uniform reduction percentage for the crop by dividing the State acreage allotment by the sum of all adjusted acreage bases in the State as determined under § 1435.312; and
(5) Apply the uniform reduction percentage to the acreage base established for each sugarcane producing farm in the State to determine the farm's proportionate share of sugarcane acreage that may be harvested for sugar or seed.