1435.301 Annual estimates and quarterly re-estimates.§ 1435.301 Annual estimates and quarterly re-estimates.
(a) Not later than August 1 before the beginning of the crop year, CCC will estimate, and make re-estimates as necessary but not later than the beginning of each quarter of such crop year, the:
(1) Quantity of sugar that will be subject to human consumption in the United States during the crop year;
(2) Quantity of sugar that will provide for reasonable carryover stocks;
(3) Quantity of sugar that will be used for human consumption in the United States from carry-in stocks;
(4) Quantity of sugar that will be available from domestically processed sugarcane, sugar beets, and in-process beet sugar; and
(5) Quantity of sugars, syrups, and molasses that will be imported for human consumption or for the extraction of sugar for human consumption in the United States and Puerto Rico (other than sugar imported for the production of polyhydric alcohol or to be refined and re-exported in refined form or in sugar-containing products), whether such articles are included in a tariff-rate quota or not.
(b) Calculation of all allotments, allocations, estimates, and re-estimates in this subpart will use available USDA statistics and estimates of production, consumption, and stocks, taking into account, where appropriate, data supplied in reports submitted pursuant to the reporting requirements set forth in § 1435.200.[67 FR 54928, Aug. 26, 2002, as amended at 74 FR 15365, Apr. 6, 2009]