604.15 Registration of qualified human service organizations.§ 604.15 Registration of qualified human service organizations.
(a) Qualified human service organizations (QHSO) that seek free or reduced rate services from recipients, and do not receive funds from Federal programs listed in Appendix A, but serve individuals described in § 604.7 (i.e., individuals with low income, advanced age, or with disabilities), shall register on FTA's charter registration Web site by submitting the following information:
(1) Name of organization, address, phone number, e-mail address, and facsimile number;
(2) The geographic service area of the recipient in which the qualified human service organization resides;
(3) Basic financial information regarding the qualified human service organization and whether the qualified human service organization is exempt from taxation under sections 501(c) (1), (3), (4), or (19) of the Internal Revenue Code, and whether it is a unit of Federal, State or local government;
(4) Whether the qualified human service organization receives funds directly or indirectly from a State or local program, and if so, which program(s); and
(5) A narrative statement describing the types of charter service trips the qualified human service organization may request from a recipient and how that service is consistent with the mission of the qualified human service organization.
(b) A qualified human service organization is eligible to receive charter services from a recipient if it:
(1) Registers on the FTA Web site in accordance with paragraph (a) of this section at least 60 days before the date of the requested charter service; and
(2) Verifies FTA's receipt of its registration by viewing its information on the FTA charter registration Web site (http://www.fta.dot.gov/laws/leg_reg_179.html).
(c) A registered charter provider may challenge a QHSO's status to receive charter services from a recipient by requesting removal of the QHSO from FTA's charter registration Web site by filing a complaint consistent with subpart F.
(d) A QHSO shall provide current and accurate information on FTA's charter registration Web site, and shall update that information no less frequently than every two years.