382.719 Availability and removal of information.§ 382.719 Availability and removal of information.
(a) Driver information not available. Information about a driver's drug or alcohol violation will not be available to an employer conducting a query of the Clearinghouse after all of the following conditions relating to the violation are satisfied:
(1) The SAP reports to the Clearinghouse the information required in § 382.705(d);
(2) The employer reports to the Clearinghouse that the driver's return-to-duty test results are negative;
(3) The driver's current employer reports that the driver has successfully completed all follow-up tests as prescribed in the SAP report in accordance with §§ 40.307, 40.309, and 40.311 of this title; and
(4) Five years have passed since the date of the violation determination.
(b) Driver information remains available. Information about a particular driver's drug or alcohol violation will remain available to employers conducting a query until all requirements in paragraph (a) of this section have been met.
(c) Exceptions. (1) Within 2 business days of granting a request for removal pursuant to § 382.717(a)(2)(i), FMCSA will remove information from the Clearinghouse.
(2) Information about a particular driver's drug or alcohol violation may be removed in accordance with § 382.717(a)(2)(ii) and (iii) or in accordance with 49 CFR part 10.
(d) Driver information remains available. Nothing in this part shall prevent FMCSA from using information removed under this section for research, auditing, or enforcement purposes.