372.111 Nonmember transportation limitation and record keeping.§ 372.111 Nonmember transportation limitation and record keeping.
(a) Overall limitation of nonmember transportation. No cooperative association or federation of cooperative associations may engage in nonmember interstate transportation for compensation in any fiscal year which, measured in terms of tonnage, exceeds its total interstate member transportation in such fiscal year.
(b) Records of interstate transportation when nonmember transportation is performed. Any cooperative association or federation of cooperative associations performing interstate transportation for nonmembers shall prepare and retain for a period of at least two years written records of all interstate transportation performed for members and nonmembers. These records shall contain:
(1) The date of the shipment,
(2) The names and addresses of the consignor and consignee,
(3) The origin and destination of the shipment,
(4) A description of the articles in the shipment,
(5) The weight or volume of the shipment,
(6) A description of the equipment used either by unit number or license number and, in the event this equipment is nonowned, the name and address of its owners and drivers,
(7) The total charges collected,
(8) A copy of all leases executed by the cooperative association or federation of cooperative associations to obtain equipment to perform transportation under 49 U.S.C. 13506(a)(5),
(9) Whether the transportation performed is:
(i) Member transportation,
(ii) Nonmember transportation for nonmembers who are farmers, cooperative associations, or federations thereof,
(iii) Other nonmember transportation, and if of class (iii), how the transportation was incidental and necessary as defined in § 372.109(a).[43 FR 2397, Jan. 17, 1978, as amended at 45 FR 45524, July 3, 1980; 62 FR 38036, July 16, 1997; 62 FR 49940, Sept. 24, 1997]