299.607 Pre-revenue service system integration testing.§ 299.607 Pre-revenue service system integration testing.
(a) Prior to commencing revenue operations, the railroad shall conduct tests of the trainsets throughout the system to -
(1) Verify mechanical positioning of the overhead catenary system; and
(2) Verify performance of the trainset, track, and signal and trainset control systems.
(b) The railroad shall demonstrate safe operation of the system during normal and degraded-mode operating conditions. At a minimum, the following operation tests shall be performed:
(1) Slow-speed operation of a trainset;
(2) Verification of correct overhead catenary and pantograph interaction;
(3) Verification of trainset clearance at structures and passenger platforms;
(4) Incremental increase of trainset speed;
(5) Performance tests on trainsets to verify braking rates in accordance with § 299.409;
(6) Verification of vehicle noise;
(7) Verification of correct vehicle suspension characteristics;
(8) Vehicle/track system qualification as defined in § 299.609;
(9) Load tests with vehicles to verify relay settings and signal and communication system immunization;
(10) Monitoring of utility supply circuits and telephone circuits to ensure the adequacy of power supplies, and to verify that transient-related disturbances are within acceptable limits;
(11) Verification of vehicle detection due to shunting of signal system circuits;
(12) Verification of safe operation of the signal and trainset control system as required by subpart B of this part;
(13) Tests of trainset radio reception during system-wide vehicle operation; and
(14) Verification of electromagnetic interference/electromagnetic compatibility between various subsystems.