299.213 Records retention.§ 299.213 Records retention.
(a) The railroad shall maintain at a designated office on the railroad -
(1) A current copy of each FRA-approved PTCSP that it holds;
(2) Adequate documentation to demonstrate that the PTCSP meets the safety requirements of this RPA, including the risk assessment;
(3) An Operations and Maintenance Manual, pursuant to § 299.215; and
(4) Training and testing records pursuant to § 236.1043(b) of this chapter.
(b) Results of inspections and tests specified in the PTCSP must be recorded pursuant to § 236.110 of this chapter.
(c) Each contractor providing services relating to the testing, maintenance, or operation of the railroad's PTC system shall maintain at a designated office training records required under §§ 236.1043(b) of this chapter, and 299.207(a)(6).
(d) After the PTC system is placed in service, the railroad shall maintain a database of all safety-relevant hazards as set forth in its PTCSP and those that had not been previously identified in its PTCSP. If the frequency of the safety-relevant hazards exceeds the threshold set forth in its PTCSP, then the railroad shall -
(1) Report the inconsistency in writing to FRA's Secure Information Repository at https://sir.fra.dot.gov, within 15 days of discovery;
(2) Take prompt countermeasures to reduce the frequency of each safety-relevant hazard to below the threshold set forth in its PTCSP; and
(3) Provide a final report when the inconsistency is resolved to FRA's Secure Information Repository at https://sir.fra.dot.gov, on the results of the analysis and countermeasures taken to reduce the frequency of the safety-relevant hazard(s) below the threshold set forth in its PTCSP.