54.01-18 Plan approval.§ 54.01-18 Plan approval.
(a) Manufacturers intending to fabricate pressure vessels, heat exchangers, evaporators, and similar appurtenances, covered by the regulations in this part shall submit detailed plans in accordance with subpart 50.20 of this subchapter.
(b) The following information shall be submitted:
(1) Calculations for all pressure containment components including the maximum allowable working pressure, the hydrostatic or pneumatic test pressure, and the intended safety device setting.
(2) Joint design and methods of attachment of all pressure containment components.
(3) Foundations and supports (design and attachment).
(4) Pertinent calculations for pressure vessel foundations and/or supports.
(5) A bill of material meeting the requirements of section VIII of section VIII of the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code (incorporated by reference; see 46 CFR 54.01-1), as modified by this part.
(6) A diagrammatic arrangement drawing of the assembled unit indicating location of internal and external components.[CGFR 68-82, 33 FR 18828, Dec. 18, 1968, as amended by USCG-2003-16630, 73 FR 65166, Oct. 31, 2008]