Title 43


429.5 Who is authorized to issue use authorizations under this part

§ 429.5 Who is authorized to issue use authorizations under this part?

Unless otherwise provided by law or regulation, only Reclamation or another Federal agency acting for Reclamation under delegated authority is authorized to issue use authorizations that convey an interest in Reclamation land, facilities, or waterbodies. Recreation managing partners under the Federal Water Projects Recreation Act, 16 U.S.C. 4601 et seq., and water user organizations who have assumed responsibility for operation and maintenance of Reclamation land, facilities, or waterbodies, and provide a copy of the use authorization to the local Reclamation office, pursuant to a contract with Reclamation may issue limited use authorizations to third parties for activities on Reclamation land, facilities, or waterbodies when all of the following apply:

(a) The recreation managing partner or water user organization is authorized to do so under its contract with Reclamation;

(b) Such limited use authorizations do not convey ownership or other interest in the Federal real property;

(c) The uses authorized are not permanent or for an indefinite period;

(d) The limited use authorization does not provide for an automatic right of renewal;

(e) The limited use authorization is fully revocable at the discretion of Reclamation; and

(f) All revenues collected for the use of Reclamation land, facilities, and waterbodies are handled in compliance with all statutory, regulatory, and policy requirements.