3835.10 How do I request a waiver§ 3835.10 How do I request a waiver?
(a) You must submit BLM's waiver certification form on or before September 1 of each assessment year for which you are seeking a waiver. You must submit your waiver on or before September 1 for BLM to exempt your claims or sites from the annual maintenance fee requirement that is due on the same date. You may have an agent submit a waiver form on your behalf if you file or have filed with BLM a power of attorney or other legal documentation which shows that the agent is acting on your behalf.
(b) All waiver requests must include:
(1) The names and addresses of all claimants who maintain an interest in the mining claims or sites listed on the waiver document;
(2) The original signatures of the claimants of the mining claims or sites who are requesting the waiver, or the original signature of the authorized agent of the owner or owners of those mining claims or sites;
(3) The names of the mining claims or sites for which you request a waiver;
(4) The serial numbers, if available, that BLM assigned to the mining claims or sites; and
(5) The date the maintenance fee was due from which you are seeking a waiver.