3602.42 How does BLM publicize competitive mineral materials sales§ 3602.42 How does BLM publicize competitive mineral materials sales?
(a) When offering mineral materials for sale by competitive bidding, BLM:
(1) Will advertise the sale by publishing a sale notice in a newspaper of general circulation in the area where the material is located, on the same day once a week for 2 consecutive weeks; and
(2) Will post a sale notice in a conspicuous place in the office where you will submit bids.
(b) In the sale notice, BLM will state:
(1) By legal description, the location of the tract or tracts on which we are offering the materials;
(2) The kind of materials we are offering;
(3) The estimated quantities of materials we are offering;
(4) The unit of measurement;
(5) The appraised prices;
(6) The time and place for receiving and opening of bids;
(7) The minimum deposit we require;
(8) If the sale is by request, the total cost recovery fee paid to BLM by the applicant up to 21 days before the sale;
(9) The site access that will be available to the purchaser;
(10) The method of bidding;
(11) If applicable, that the purchaser must file mining or reclamation plans;
(12) The bonding requirement;
(13) The location for inspection of contract terms and proposed stipulations;
(14) The address and telephone number of the office where you may obtain additional information;
(15) Whether BLM will renew the contract; and
(16) Any additional information that BLM deems necessary.
(c) BLM may, in its discretion, extend the period of time for advertising;
(d) BLM will not hold sales sooner than 1 week after the last advertisement.[66 FR 58901, Nov. 23, 2001, as amended at 70 FR 58878, Oct. 7, 2005]