94.803 Admission.§ 94.803 Admission.
(a) A nonconforming engine offered for importation may be admitted into the United States pursuant to the provisions of this subpart. Subpart C of this part, including § 94.222, describes how to certify engines installed on vessels before they are imported.
(b) To obtain admission, the importer must submit to the Administrator a written request for approval containing the following:
(1) Identification of the importer of the engine and the importer's address, telephone number, and taxpayer identification number;
(2) Identification of the engine's owner, the owner's address, telephone number, and taxpayer identification number;
(3) Identification of the engine including make, model, identification number, and original production year;
(4) Information indicating the provision in this subpart under which the engine is to be imported, including a demonstration of how it qualifies for the requested exemption;
(5) Identification of the place(s) where the engine is to be stored until EPA approval of the importer's application to the Administrator for final admission;
(6) Authorization for EPA enforcement officers to conduct inspections or testing otherwise permitted by the Act or regulations thereunder; and
(7) Such other information as is deemed necessary by the Administrator.