94.509 Maintenance of records; submittal of information.§ 94.509 Maintenance of records; submittal of information.
(a) The manufacturer for any new engine subject to any of the provisions of this subpart must establish, maintain, and retain the following adequately organized and indexed records:
(1) General records. A description of all equipment used to test engines in accordance with § 94.503. The equipment requirements in Subpart B of this part apply to tests performed under this subpart.
(2) Individual records. These records pertain to each production line test conducted pursuant to this subpart and include:
(i) The date, time, and location of each test;
(ii) The method by which the Green Engine Factor was calculated or the number of hours of service accumulated on the test engine when the test began and ended;
(iii) The names of all supervisory personnel involved in the conduct of the production line test;
(iv) A record and description of any adjustment, repair, preparation or modification performed on test engines, giving the date, associated time, justification, name(s) of the authorizing personnel, and names of all supervisory personnel responsible for the conduct of the action;
(v) If applicable, the date the engine was shipped from the assembly plant, associated storage facility or port facility, and the date the engine was received at the testing facility;
(vi) A complete record of all emission tests performed pursuant to this subpart (except tests performed directly by EPA), including all individual worksheets and/or other documentation relating to each test, or exact copies thereof, in accordance with the record requirements specified in Subpart B of this part;
(vii) A brief description of any significant events during testing not otherwise described under this paragraph (a)(2) of this section, commencing with the test engine selection process and including such extraordinary events as engine damage during shipment.
(3) The manufacturer must establish, maintain and retain general records, pursuant to paragraph (a)(1) of this section, for each test cell that can be used to perform emission testing under this subpart.
(b) The manufacturer must retain all records required to be maintained under this subpart for a period of eight (8) years after completion of all testing. Records may be retained as hard copy (i.e., on paper) or reduced to microfilm, floppy disk, or some other method of data storage, depending upon the manufacturer's record retention procedure; provided, that in every case, all the information contained in the hard copy is retained.
(c) The manufacturer must, upon request by the Administrator, submit the following information with regard to engine production:
(1) Projected production for each configuration within each engine family for which certification has been requested and/or approved.
(2) Number of engines, by configuration and assembly plant, scheduled for production.
(d) Nothing in this section limits the Administrator's discretion to require a manufacturer to establish, maintain, retain or submit to EPA information not specified by this section.
(e) All reports, submissions, notifications, and requests for approval made under this subpart must be addressed to the Designated Officer.
(f) The manufacturer must electronically submit the results of its production line testing using an EPA information format.