144.14 Requirements for wells injecting hazardous waste.§ 144.14 Requirements for wells injecting hazardous waste.
(a) Applicability. The regulations in this section apply to all generators of hazardous waste, and to the owners or operators of all hazardous waste management facilities, using any class of well to inject hazardous wastes accompanied by a manifest. (See also § 144.13.)
(b) Authorization. The owner or operator of any well that is used to inject hazardous waste required to be accompanied by a manifest or delivery document shall apply for authorization to inject as specified in § 144.31 within 6 months after the approval or promulgation of the State UIC program.
(c) Requirements. In addition to complying with the applicable requirements of this part and 40 CFR part 146, the owner or operator of each facility meeting the requirements of paragraph (b) of this section, shall comply with the following:
(1) Notification. The owner or operator shall comply with the notification requirements of section 3010 of Public Law 94-580.
(2) Identification number. The owner or operator shall comply with the requirements of 40 CFR 264.11.
(3) Manifest system. The owner or operator shall comply with the applicable recordkeeping and reporting requirements for manifested wastes in 40 CFR 264.71.
(4) Manifest discrepancies. The owner or operator shall comply with 40 CFR 264.72.
(5) Operating record. The owner or operator shall comply with 40 CFR 264.73(a), (b)(1), and (b)(2).
(6) Annual report. The owner or operator shall comply with 40 CFR 264.75.
(7) Unmanifested waste report. The owner or operator shall comply with 40 CFR 264.75.
(8) Personnel training. The owner or operator shall comply with the applicable personnel training requirements of 40 CFR 264.16.
(9) Certification of closure. When abandonment is completed, the owner or operator must submit to the Director certification by the owner or operator and certification by an independent registered professional engineer that the facility has been closed in accordance with the specifications in § 144.52(a)(6).
(d) Additional requirements for Class IV wells. [Reserved]