383.3 Royalty fees for public performances of sound recordings and the making of ephemeral recordings.§ 383.3 Royalty fees for public performances of sound recordings and the making of ephemeral recordings.
(a) Royalty rates. Royalty rates for the public performance of sound recordings by eligible digital transmissions made over a Service pursuant to 17 U.S.C. 114, and for ephemeral recordings of sound recordings made pursuant to 17 U.S.C. 112(e) to facilitate such transmissions during the License Period, are as follows. Each Licensee will pay, with respect to content covered by the License that is provided via the Service of each such Licensee:
(1) For Stand-Alone Contracts, the following monthly payment per Subscriber to the Service of such Licensee:
(i) 2021: $0.0208
(ii) 2022: $0.0214
(iii) 2023: $0.0221
(iv) 2024: $0.0227
(v) 2025: $0.0234
(2) For Bundled Contracts, the following monthly payment per Subscriber to the Service of such Licensee:
(i) 2021: $0.0346
(ii) 2022: $0.0356
(iii) 2023: $0.0367
(iv) 2024: $0.0378
(v) 2025: $0.0390
(b) Minimum fee. Each Licensee will pay an annual, non-refundable minimum fee of one hundred thousand dollars ($100,000), payable on January 31 of each calendar year in which the Service is provided pursuant to the section 112(e) and 114 statutory licenses. Such fee shall be recoupable and credited against royalties due in the calendar year in which it is paid.
(c) Allocation between ephemeral recordings fees and performance royalty fees. The Collective must credit 5% of all royalty payments as royalty payment for Ephemeral Recordings and credit the remaining 95% to section 114 royalties. All Ephemeral Recordings that a Licensee makes which are necessary and commercially reasonable for making noninteractive digital transmissions through a Service are included in the 5%.[72 FR 72254, Dec. 20, 2007, as amended at 75 FR 14075, Mar. 24, 2010; 80 FR 36928, June 29, 2015; 85 FR 9664, Feb. 20, 2020]