66.01-14 Label affixed by manufacturer.§ 66.01-14 Label affixed by manufacturer.
(a) Each light, intended or used as a private aid to navigation authorized by this part, must bear a legible, indelible label (or labels) affixed by the manufacturer and containing the following information:
(1) Name of the manufacturer.
(2) Model number.
(3) Serial number.
(4) Words to this effect: “This equipment complies with requirements of the U.S. Coast Guard in 33 CFR part 66.”
(b) This label must last the service life of the equipment.
(c) The manufacturer must provide the purchaser a data sheet containing the following information:
(1) Recommended service life based on the degradation of either the source of light or the lamp.
(2) Range in nautical miles.
(3) Effective intensity in candela.
(4) Size of lamp (incandescent only).
(5) Interval, in days or years, for replacement of dry-cell or rechargeable battery.[USCG-2000-7466, 68 FR 68239, Dec. 8, 2003]