49.10-10 Cessation of payments.§ 49.10-10 Cessation of payments.
(a) Payments of amounts due incompetent personnel shall cease to be paid to the trustee or trustees upon receipt of notification by the authorized certifying officer of the occurrence of any of the following:
(1) Death of the incompetent;
(2) Death or disability of the trustee or trustees appointed;
(3) Receipt of notice that a committee, guardian, or other legal representative has been appointed for the incompetent by a court of competent jurisdiction;
(4) Failure of the trustee or trustees to render the reports required by § 49.10-1;
(5) That there is probable cause to believe that moneys received on behalf of the incompetent have been, or are being, improperly used;
(6) A finding by a board of medical officers that the heretofore incompetent is mentally capable of managing his own affairs;
(7) That the Commandant deems it to be in the best interest of the incompetent.
(b) In the event of termination of payments under paragraphs (a)(2), (4), (5), or (7) of this section, the Commandant may, if deemed appropriate, appoint a successor trustee or trustees. The successor trustee or trustees, so appointed, shall comply with the provisions of the regulations and instructions in this part issued thereunder, and do all acts in the manner required of the original trustee or trustees.