105.400 General.§ 105.400 General.
(a) The Facility Security Officer (FSO) must ensure a Facility Security Plan (FSP) is developed and implemented for each facility for which he or she is designated as FSO. The FSP:
(1) Must identify the FSO by name and position, and provide 24-hour contact information;
(2) Must be written in English;
(3) Must address each vulnerability identified in the Facility Security Assessment (FSA);
(4) Must describe security measures for each MARSEC Level; and
(5) May cover more than one facility to the extent that they share similarities in design and operations, if authorized and approved by the cognizant COTP.
(b) The FSP must be submitted for approval to the cognizant COTP in a written or electronic format. Information for submitting the FSP electronically can be found at https://homeport.uscg.mil/cgi-bin/st/portal/uscg_docs/MyCG/Editorial/20090220/FSP_Submissi_ FAQ05DEC.pdf?id=00388e15db7e7bf4b1fc3 556059dac7c3e063b57&user_id=c5535d249 7d5d673ff261157e034a1ea.
(c) The FSP is sensitive security information and must be protected in accordance with 49 CFR part 1520.
(d) If the FSP is kept in an electronic format, procedures must be in place to prevent its unauthorized deletion, destruction, or amendment.[USCG-2003-14732, 68 FR 39322, July 1, 2003, as amended at 68 FR 60542, Oct. 22, 2003; USCG-2013-0397, 78 FR 39173, July 1, 2013]