105.270 Security measures for delivery of vessel stores and bunkers.§ 105.270 Security measures for delivery of vessel stores and bunkers.
(a) General. The facility owner or operator must ensure that security measures relating to the delivery of vessel stores and bunkers are implemented to:
(1) Check vessel stores for package integrity;
(2) Prevent vessel stores from being accepted without inspection;
(3) Deter tampering;
(4) For vessels that routinely use a facility, establish and execute standing arrangements between the vessel, its suppliers, and a facility regarding notification and the timing of deliveries and their documentation; and
(5) Check vessel stores by the following means:
(i) Visual examination;
(ii) Physical examination;
(iii) Detection devices, such as scanners; or
(b) MARSEC Level 1. At MARSEC Level 1, the facility owner or operator must ensure the implementation of measures to:
(1) Screen vessel stores at the rate specified in the approved Facility Security Plan (FSP);
(2) Require advance notification of vessel stores or bunkers delivery, including a list of stores, delivery vehicle driver information, and vehicle registration information;
(3) Screen delivery vehicles at the frequencies specified in the approved FSP; and
(4) Escort delivery vehicles within the facility at the rate specified by the approved FSP.
(c) MARSEC Level 2. In addition to the security measures required for MARSEC Level 1 in this section, at MARSEC Level 2, the facility owner or operator must also ensure the implementation of additional security measures, as specified for MARSEC Level 2 in the approved FSP. These additional security measures may include:
(1) Detailed screening of vessel stores;
(2) Detailed screening of all delivery vehicles;
(3) Coordinating with vessel personnel to check the order against the delivery note prior to entry to the facility;
(4) Ensuring delivery vehicles are escorted within the facility; or
(5) Restricting or prohibiting the entry of vessel stores that will not leave the facility within a specified period.
(d) MARSEC Level 3. In addition to the security measures for MARSEC Level 1 and MARSEC Level 2, at MARSEC Level 3, the facility owner and operator must ensure implementation of additional security measures, as specified for MARSEC Level 3 in the approved FSP. Examples of these additional security measures may include:
(1) Checking all vessel stores more extensively;
(2) Restricting or suspending delivery of vessel stores; or
(3) Refusing to accept vessel stores on the facility.