103.300 Area Maritime Security (AMS) Committee.§ 103.300 Area Maritime Security (AMS) Committee.
(a) The AMS Committee is established under the direction of the COTP and shall assist in the development, review, and update of the AMS Plan for their area of responsibility. For the purposes of this subchapter, Port Security Committees that were established prior to July 1, 2003, according to guidance issued by the Coast Guard, may be considered AMS Committees, provided they conform to the procedures established by this part and satisfy the membership requirements of § 103.305 of this part.
(b) The AMS Committee will operate under terms specified in a written charter. At a minimum, the charter must address:
(1) The AMS Committee's purpose and geographic area of responsibility;
(2) Rules for membership;
(3) The AMS Committee's organizational structure and procedural rules of order;
(4) Frequency of meetings, to include not less than once in a calendar year or when requested by a majority of the AMS Committee members;
(5) Guidelines for public access to AMS Committee meetings and records; and
(6) Rules for handling and protecting classified, sensitive security, commercially sensitive, and proprietary information.