51.2730 U.S. No. 1 Spanish.§ 51.2730 U.S. No. 1 Spanish.
“U.S. No. 1 Spanish” consists of shelled Spanish type peanut kernels which are whole and free from foreign material, damage and minor defects, and which will not pass through a screen having 15/64 × 3/4 inch openings.
(a) In order to allow for variations incident to proper grading and handling, the following tolerances, by weight, shall be permitted:
(1) 1 percent for other types of peanuts;
(2) 3 percent for sound peanuts which are split or broken;
(3) 1.5 percent for damaged or unshelled peanuts;
(4) 0.5 percent for minor defects: Provided, That in addition, any unused part of the tolerance for damaged or unshelled peanuts shall be allowed for minor defects;
(5) 0.1 percent for foreign material; and,
(6) 2 percent for sound whole peanuts which will pass through the prescribed screen.