1484.50 Contribution rules.§ 1484.50 Contribution rules.
(a) A Cooperator must use its own funds and may not use FMD program funds to pay any administrative costs of the Cooperator's U.S. office(s), including legal fees, except as set forth in this subpart. Where the Cooperator uses its own funds to pay for administrative costs, such costs may be counted in calculating the amount of contribution the Cooperator contributes to its FMD program. The contribution amount will be reflected in the award budget.
(b) In calculating the amount of contribution that it will make and the contribution that a U.S. industry or a State or local agency will make, a Cooperator program applicant may include the costs (or such prorated costs) listed under paragraph (c) of this section if:
(1) Expenditures are necessary and reasonable for accomplishment of the Cooperator's overall foreign market development program;
(2) Expenditures are not included as cost share for any other Federal award;
(3) Expenditures are not paid by the Federal Government under another Federal award, except where the Federal statute authorizing a program specifically provides that Federal funds made available for such program can be applied to matching or cost sharing requirements of other Federal programs; and
(4) The contribution is made during the period covered by the agreement.
(c) Subject to paragraph (b) of this section, as well as the cost principles in 2 CFR part 200, to the extent these principles do not directly conflict with the provisions of this part, the following are eligible contribution:
(2) Compensation paid to personnel;
(3) The cost of acquiring materials, supplies, or services;
(4) The cost of office space, including legal fees;
(5) A reasonable and justifiable proportion of general administrative costs and overhead;
(6) Payments for indemnity and fidelity bond expenses;
(7) The cost of business cards that target a foreign audience;
(8) Fees for office parking;
(9) The cost of subscriptions to publications that are of a technical, economic, or marketing nature and that are relevant to the approved activities of the Cooperator's program;
(10) The cost of activities conducted overseas;
(11) Credit card fees;
(12) The cost of any independent evaluation or audit that is not required by CCC to ensure compliance with agreement or regulatory requirements;
(13) The cost of giveaways, awards, prizes, and gifts;
(14) The cost of product samples;
(15) Fees for participating in U.S. Government sponsored or endorsed export promotion activities;
(16) The cost of air and local travel in the United States related to a foreign market development effort;
(17) Transportation and shipping costs;
(18) The cost of displays and promotional materials;
(19) Advertising costs;
(20) Reasonable travel costs and expenses related to undertaking a foreign market development activity;
(21) The costs associated with trade shows, seminars, and STRE conducted in the United States, and costs associated with entertainment conducted in the United States where such entertainment costs have a programmatic purpose and are authorized in the agreement and/or approval letter or are authorized by prior written approval of CCC;
(22) Product research that is undertaken to benefit an industry and has a specific export application;
(23) Consumer promotions; and
(24) The cost of any activity expressly listed as reimbursable in this part.