1465.21 Contract requirements.§ 1465.21 Contract requirements.
(a) In order for a participant to receive payments, the participant will enter into a contract agreeing to implement one or more eligible conservation practices. Costs for technical services may be included in the contract.
(b) An AMA contract will:
(1) Encompass all portions of an agricultural operation receiving AMA assistance;
(2) Be for a duration of not more than 10 years;
(3) Incorporate all provisions required by law or statute, including participant requirements to:
(i) Not conduct any practices on the agricultural operation that would tend to defeat the purposes of the contract according to § 1465.25;
(ii) Refund any AMA payments received with interest, and forfeit any future payments under AMA, on the violation of a term or condition of the contract, consistent with the provisions of § 1465.25;
(iii) Refund all AMA payments received on the transfer of the right and interest of the producer in land subject to the contract, unless the transferee of the right and interest agrees to assume all obligations, including operation and maintenance of the AMA contract's conservation practices, consistent with the provisions of § 1465.24; and
(iv) Supply information as required by NRCS to determine compliance with the contract and requirements of AMA.
(4) Specify the participant's requirements for operation and maintenance of the applied conservation practices consistent with the provisions of § 1465.22; and
(5) Specify any other provision determined necessary or appropriate by NRCS.
(c) The participant must apply the practice(s) according to the schedule set out in the APO.[74 FR 64595, Dec. 8, 2009, as amended at 79 FR 44641, Aug. 1, 2014]