1464.31 Program contract requirements.§ 1464.31 Program contract requirements.
(a) Requirement of a program contract. For a producer to receive payments, the producer must enter into a program contract and agree to the terms and conditions associated with the type of eligible activity to be implemented.
(b) Program contract contents. A program contract will:
(1) Identify the requirements for participation under RCPP, including:
(i) Contract duration;
(ii) Maximum Federal payment amounts or rates; and
(iii) Any other necessary requirements, as determined by NRCS;
(i) The eligible activities that the participant agrees to implement; and
(ii) The requirements to demonstrate successful implementation of the eligible activities;
(3) Incorporate the RCPP plan of operations, as applicable, which includes -
(i) Identification of eligible activities contained in the program contract, including which resource concerns each eligible activity addresses;
(ii) A schedule or timeline for implementation of selected eligible activities, as applicable; and
(iii) Other criteria as determined necessary by NRCS;
(4) Incorporate provisions to further the purposes of the partnership agreement;
(5) Incorporate all provisions as required by statute or regulation, including requirements that the participant will:
(i) Not conduct any action that would defeat the program's purposes;
(ii) Refund any program payments received with interest, and forfeit any future payments under the program, on the violation of a term or condition of the program contract, consistent with the provisions of § 1464.36; and
(iii) Supply information if required by NRCS to determine compliance with program requirements; and
(6) Specify any other provision determined necessary or appropriate by NRCS to ensure the program purpose is met.
(c) Payment eligibility. To be eligible to enter into a program contract or receive a payment, an applicant or participant must -
(1) Provide a tax identification number; however, where applicable, American Indians, Alaska Natives, and Pacific Islanders may use another unique identification number for each individual eligible for payment;
(2) Indicate, where applicable, the percent interest share in a payment that is consistent with operation or ownership shares;
(3) Comply with the highly erodible land and wetland conservation provisions found at part 12 of this title at the time of application and throughout the contract term; and
(4) Be eligible for payments in accordance with part 1400 of this chapter, average adjusted gross income limitation, including any waiver of these requirements, prior to program contract approval.
(d) Duplication of payment. (1) Except as otherwise indicated in this paragraph, any payments received by a participant from a State, private entity, or person for the implementation of one or more eligible activities on eligible land will be in addition to the payments provided to the participant under this part.
(2) NRCS will not issue financial assistance to a participant through a program contract for eligible activities on eligible land if the participant receives payments or other benefits for the same or similar eligible activity on the same land under any other conservation program administered by USDA.
(3) NRCS will not provide technical or financial assistance to a participant for more than one eligible activity to achieve the same resource benefit on the same land during the same time period.