1450.206 Obligations of participant.§ 1450.206 Obligations of participant.
(a) All participants subject to a BCAP contract must:
(1) Carry out the terms and conditions of the contract;
(2) Make available to CCC or to an institution of higher education or other entity designated by CCC, such information as CCC determines to be appropriate to promote the production of eligible crops and the development of renewable biomass conversion technology;
(3) Comply with the highly erodible land and wetland conservation requirements of part 12 of this title;
(4) Implement a:
(i) Conservation plan,
(ii) Forest stewardship plan, or
(iii) Equivalent plan.
(5) Implement the conservation plan, forest stewardship plan, or equivalent plan which is part of such contract, in accordance with the schedule of dates included in such conservation plan, forest stewardship plan, or equivalent plan, unless CCC determines that the participant cannot fully implement the conservation plan, forest stewardship plan, or equivalent plan for reasons beyond the producer's control and CCC and the participant agree to a modified plan.
(6) Demonstrate compliance with the conservation plan, forest stewardship plan, or equivalent plan through required self-certification subject to compliance spot checks, as determined by CCC.
(7) Establish temporary vegetative cover either within the timeframes required by the conservation plan, forest stewardship plan, or equivalent plan or as determined by the Deputy Administrator, if the eligible crops cannot be timely established; and
(8) If the participant has a share of the payment greater than zero, be jointly and severally responsible with the other contract participants for compliance with the provisions of such contract and the provisions of this part, and for any refunds or payment adjustments that may be required for violations of any of the terms and conditions of the contract and this part.
(b) Payments may cease and producers may be subject to contract termination for failure to establish eligible crops.
(c) A contract will not be terminated for failure by the participant to establish an approved cover on the land if, as determined by CCC:
(1) The failure to plant or establish such cover was due to a natural disaster such as excessive rainfall, flooding, or drought; and
(2) The participant establishes the approved cover as soon as practicable after the wet or drought conditions that prevented the establishment of such cover subside.[75 FR 66234, Oct. 27, 2010, as amended at 76 FR 56951, Sept. 15, 2011]