1416.3 Eligible producer.§ 1416.3 Eligible producer.
(a) Eligible producer means, in addition to other requirements as may apply, an individual or legal entity who is an owner, operator, landlord, tenant, or sharecropper, who shares in the risk of producing a crop or livestock and who is entitled to share in the crop or livestock available for marketing from the farm, or would have shared had the crop or livestock been produced, and who also meets the requirements of paragraph (b) of this section. The term eligible producer can include a livestock owner or contract grower who satisfies other requirements of this part.
(b) An individual or legal entity seeking to be an eligible producer under this part must submit a farm operating plan in accordance with part 1400 of this chapter and be a:
(1) Citizen of the United States;
(2) Resident alien; for purposes of this part, resident alien means “lawful alien”;
(3) Partnership of citizens of the United States;
(4) Corporation, limited liability company, or other organizational structure organized under State law; or
(5) Indian Tribe or Tribal organization, as defined in section 4(b) of the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act (25 U.S.C. 5304).[79 FR 21097, Apr. 14, 2014, as amended at 83 FR 49463, Oct. 2, 2018; 85 FR 10963, Feb. 26, 2020]