29.170 What are my responsibilities if I transfer my right to operate§ 29.170 What are my responsibilities if I transfer my right to operate?
(a) If your operations are being conducted under § 29.44, you must notify the Service in writing within 30 calendar days from the date the new operator acquires the rights to conduct operations. Your written notification must include:
(1) The names and addresses of the person or entity conveying the right and of the person or entity acquiring the right;
(2) The effective date of transfer;
(3) The description of the rights, assets, and liabilities being transferred and which ones, if any, are being reserved by the previous operator; and
(4) A written acknowledgement from the new operator that the contents of the notification are true and correct.
(b) If your operations are being conducted under § 29.43 or an operations permit:
(1) You must provide notice under paragraph (a) of this section.
(2) You remain responsible for compliance with your operations permit, and we will retain your financial assurance until the new operator:
(i) Adopts and agrees in writing to conduct operations in accordance with all terms and conditions of your operations permit;
(ii) Provides financial assurance with us that is acceptable to the Service and made payable to the Service; and
(iii) Receives written notification from the Service that transfer of the operations permit has been approved.