591.241 What are the key activities of the COLA Advisory Committees§ 591.241 What are the key activities of the COLA Advisory Committees?
(a) The COLA Advisory Committees may -
(1) Advise and assist OPM in planning living-cost surveys;
(2) Provide or arrange for observers for data collection during living-cost surveys;
(3) Advise and assist OPM in the review of survey data;
(4) Advise OPM on its administration of the COLA program, including survey methodology; and
(5) Assist OPM in disseminating information to affected employees about the living-cost surveys and the COLA program.
(b) The committees also may advise OPM on special situations or conditions, such as hurricanes and earthquakes, as they relate to OPM's authority under § 591.223(b) to conduct interim surveys or implement some other change in response to conditions caused by a natural disaster or similar emergency.