2601.204 Conditions for acceptance.§ 2601.204 Conditions for acceptance.
(a) No gift may be accepted that:
(1) Attaches conditions inconsistent with applicable laws or regulations;
(2) Is conditioned upon or will require the expenditure of appropriated funds that are not available to the agency;
(3) Requires the agency to provide the donor with some privilege, concession or other present or future benefit in return for the gift;
(4) Requires the agency to adhere to particular requirements as to deposit, investment, or management of funds donated;
(5) Requires the agency to undertake or engage in activities that are not related to the agency's mission, programs or statutory authorities; or
(6) Would reflect unfavorably upon the ability of the agency, or any of its employees, to carry out its responsibilities or official duties in a fair and objective manner, or would compromise or appear to compromise the integrity or the appearance of the integrity of its programs or any official involved in those programs.
(b) [Reserved]Note to § 2601.204:
Nothing in this part will prohibit the agency from offering or providing the donor an appropriate acknowledgment of its gift in a publication, speech or other medium.[68 FR 60594, Oct. 22, 2003, as amended at 80 FR 57073, Sept. 22, 2015]