2412.13 Agency review of refusal to provide access to, or amendment or correction of, records.§ 2412.13 Agency review of refusal to provide access to, or amendment or correction of, records.
(a) Any individual whose request for access to, or amendment or correction of, records of the Authority, the General Counsel or the Panel has been denied in whole or in part by an initial decision may, within thirty (30) days of the receipt of notice of the initial decision, appeal that decision by filing a written request for review of that decision with the Chairman of the Authority in Washington, DC.
(b) The appeal shall describe:
(1) The request initially made by the individual for access to, or the amendment or correction of, records;
(2) The initial decision thereupon of the appropriate Regional Director or the Director of Administration; and
(3) The reasons why that initial decision should be modified by the Chairman of the Authority.
(c) Not later than thirty (30) working days from receipt of a request for review (unless such period is extended by the Chairman of the Authority for good cause shown), the Chairman of the Authority shall make a decision, and give notice thereof to the appealing individual, whether to modify the initial decision of the Regional Director or the Deputy Director of Administration, in any way. If the Chairman of the Authority upholds the Regional Director's or Deputy Director of Administration's initial decision not to provide access to requested records or not to amend or correct the records as requested, the Chairman of the Authority shall notify the appealing individual of the individual's right:
(1) To judicial review of the Chairman of the Authority's decision pursuant to 5 U.S.C. 552a(g)(1); and
(2) To file with the Authority a written statement of disagreement setting forth the reasons why the record should have been amended or corrected as requested. That written statement of disagreement shall be made a part of the record and shall accompany that record in any use or disclosure of the record.[45 FR 3491, Jan. 17, 1980, as amended at 51 FR 33837, Sept. 23, 1986]