179.208 Certification.§ 179.208 Certification.
(a) OPM salary offset coordinator shall provide a certification to the paying agency in all cases where:
(1) The hearing official determines that a debt exists;
(2) The employee fails to contest the existence and amount of the debt by failing to request a hearing; or
(3) The employee fails to contest the existence of the debt by failing to appear at a hearing.
(b) The certification must be in writing and must state:
(1) That the employee owes the debt;
(2) The amount and basis of the debt;
(3) The date the Government's right to collect the debt first accrued;
(4) That the Office's regulations have been approved by OPM pursuant to 5 CFR part 550, subpart K;
(5) The date on which payment(s) is due;
(6) If the collection is to be made in installments, the number of installments to be collected, the amount of each installment or percentage of disposable pay, and the commencement date of the first installment, if a date other than the next officially established pay period is required; and
(7) The date(s) of any action(s) taken under 5 U.S.C. 5514(b).