1155.21 Contents of application.§ 1155.21 Contents of application.
Applications for land-use-exemption permits for the facility, and any proposed future expansion within 10 years of the application date, shall contain the following information, including supporting documentation:
(a) General. (1) Exact name of applicant.
(2) Whether applicant is a common carrier by railroad subject to 49 U.S.C. Subtitle IV, chapter 105.
(3) Summary of why a land-use-exemption permit is being sought.
(4) The full address of the solid waste rail transfer facility, or, if not available, the city, state, and United States Postal Service ZIP code.
(5) The name of the rail carrier that owns or operates the facility or the rail carrier on whose behalf the facility is operated, the line of railroad serving the facility, the milepost location of the facility, and the milepost and names of the stations that the facility is located between.
(6) Name, title, and address of representative of applicant to whom comments should be sent.
(7) Copies of the specific state, local, or municipal laws, regulations, orders, or other requirements affecting the siting of the solid waste rail transfer facility from which the applicant requests entire or partial exemption, any publicly available material providing the criteria for the application of the state, local, or municipal laws, regulations, orders, or other requirements affecting the siting, and a description of any action that the state, local, or municipal authority has taken affecting the siting of the facility. The applicant shall state whether each law, regulation, order or other requirement from which an exemption is sought is an environmental, public health, or public safety standard that falls under the traditional police powers of the state. If the applicant states that the requirement is not such a standard, it shall explain the reasons for its statement.
(8) Certification that the laws, regulations, orders or other requirements from which the applicant requests exemption are not based on federal laws, regulations, orders, or other requirements.
(9) Certification that the facility complies with all state, local, or municipal laws, regulations, orders, or other requirements affecting the siting of the facility except for those from which it seeks exemption.
(10) Certification that the applicant has applied or will apply for the appropriate state permits not affecting siting.
(11) For facilities not in existence as of October 16, 2008, certification that the facility is not proposed to be located on land within any unit of or land affiliated with the National Park System, the National Wildlife Refuge System, the National Wilderness Preservation System, the National Trails System, the National Wild and Scenic Rivers System, a National Reserve, or a National Monument. For facilities in existence as of October 16, 2008, state whether the facility is located in any of these types of lands.
(12) For facilities not in existence as of October 16, 2008, certification that the facility is not proposed to be located on lands referenced in The Highlands Conservation Act, Public Law No. 108-421, for which a state has implemented a conservation management plan, or, that the facility is consistent with the restrictions implemented by the applicable state under The Highlands Conservation Act, Public Law No. 108-421, placed on its proposed location. For facilities in existence as of October 16, 2008, state whether the facility is located on any of these lands, and, if so, address whether the facility is consistent with the restrictions placed on the location by the applicable state under that law.
(13) An explanation of how the facility comes within the Board's jurisdiction under 49 U.S.C. 10501.
(14) The owner and operator of the facility.
(15) The interest of the rail carrier in the facility.
(16) An explanation of how the facility meets the definition of a solid waste rail transfer facility at 49 U.S.C. 10909(e)(1)(H).
(17) A statement whether the applicant has sought permission from the applicable state, local, or municipal authority with respect to some or all of the facility in its application and received an unsatisfactory result affecting the siting of the facility. The applicant shall provide information about the unsatisfactory result and shall include all relevant orders, decisions, or other notices of the denial.
(18) A detailed description of the operations and activities that will occur/are occurring at the facility.
(19) Detailed map showing the subject facility on sheets not larger than 11x17 inches, drawn to scale, and with the scale shown thereon. The map must show, in clear relief, the exact location of the facility on the rail line and its relation to other rail lines in the area, highways, water routes, population centers, and any geographic features that should be considered in determining whether the facility would pose an unreasonable risk to public health, safety, or the environment, pursuant to 49 U.S.C. 10909(c)(1).
(20) Detailed drawing of the subject facility on sheets not larger than 11x17 inches, drawn to scale, and with the scale shown thereon. The drawing must show, in clear relief, the exact boundaries of the facility, structures at the facility, the location and type of the operations taking place at the facility, the proposed traffic configuration for the solid waste entering and leaving the facility, reasonable future expansion planned for the next 10 years that the applicant requests to be included in the land-use-exemption permit, any geographic features that should be considered in determining whether the facility would pose an unreasonable risk to public health, safety, or the environment, pursuant to 49 U.S.C. 10909(c)(1), and any other information that the applicant believes would be relevant.
(21) A detailed justification for why any future expansion planned for the next 10 years should be covered by the land-use-exemption permit.
(b) Statement. A statement that sets forth, based on currently available information, the reasons why the Board should grant a land-use-exemption permit to the applicant under the standards in 49 U.S.C. 10909(c), (d) and the regulations in this part. Specifically, the applicant shall include an explanation of whether the laws, regulations, or other requirements affecting siting of the facility from which exemption is sought, on their face or as applied, unreasonably burden the interstate transportation of solid waste by railroad or discriminate against the railroad transportation of solid waste and a solid waste rail transfer facility, and, if so, why.
(c) Environmental impact. The applicant shall certify that it has submitted an Environmental and/or Historic Report containing the information in 49 CFR 1155.24(b), 1105.7, and 1105.8, to the extent applicable, if an Environmental and/or Historic Report is required. See 49 CFR 1155.20(c).
(d) Additional information. The applicant shall submit such additional information to support its application as the Board may require.
(e) Draft Federal Register Notice. The applicant shall submit a draft notice of its application to be published by the Board. The Board will publish the notice in the Federal Register within 20 days of the application's filing with the Board. The draft notice shall be in the form set forth in Appendix B to this part.
(f) Verification. The original application shall be executed and verified in the form set forth below by an officer of the applicant having knowledge of the facts and matters relied upon.Verification
State of ____ ss.
County of ____
______ (Name of affiant) makes oath and says that (s)he is the ____ (title of affiant) of the ____ (name of applicant) applicant herein; that (s)he has been authorized by the applicant (or as appropriate, a court) to verify and file with the Surface Transportation Board the foregoing application in Finance Docket No. __ (Sub-No. __); that (s)he has carefully examined all of the statements in the application as well as the exhibits attached thereto and made a part thereof; that (s)he has knowledge of the facts and matters relied upon in the application; and that all representations set forth therein are true and correct to the best of his/her knowledge, information, and belief.(Signature)
Subscribed and sworn to before me ____ in and for the State and County above named, this __ day of __, 20__.
My commission expires ____[77 FR 69774, Nov. 21, 2012, as amended at 84 FR 12945, Apr. 3, 2019]