659.31 Hazard management process.§ 659.31 Hazard management process.
(a) The oversight agency must require the rail transit agency to develop and document in its system safety program plan a process to identify and resolve hazards during its operation, including any hazards resulting from subsequent system extensions or modifications, operational changes, or other changes within the rail transit environment.
(b) The hazard management process must, at a minimum:
(1) Define the rail transit agency's approach to hazard management and the implementation of an integrated system-wide hazard resolution process;
(2) Specify the sources of, and the mechanisms to support, the on-going identification of hazards;
(3) Define the process by which identified hazards will be evaluated and prioritized for elimination or control;
(4) Identify the mechanism used to track through resolution the identified hazard(s);
(5) Define minimum thresholds for the notification and reporting of hazard(s) to oversight agencies; and
(6) Specify the process by which the rail transit agency will provide on-going reporting of hazard resolution activities to the oversight agency.