604.9 When no registered charter provider responds to notice from a recipient.§ 604.9 When no registered charter provider responds to notice from a recipient.
(a) A recipient may provide charter service, on its own initiative or at the request of a third party, if no registered charter provider responds to the notice issued in § 604.14:
(1) Within 72 hours for charter service requested to be provided in less than 30 days; or
(2) Within 14 calendar days for charter service requested to be provided in 30 days or more.
(b) A recipient shall not provide charter service under this section if a registered charter provider indicates an interest in providing the charter service set out in the notice issued pursuant to § 604.14 and the registered charter provider has informed the recipient of its interest in providing the service.
(c) After providing the service, a recipient shall record:
(1) The group's name, address, phone number, and e-mail address;
(2) The date and time of service;
(3) The number of passengers;
(4) The origin, destination, and trip length (miles and hours);
(5) The fee collected, if any; and
(6) The vehicle number for the vehicle used to provide the service.