1549.111 Security threat assessments for personnel of certified cargo screening facilities.§ 1549.111 Security threat assessments for personnel of certified cargo screening facilities.
(a) Scope. This section applies to the following:
(1) Each individual the certified cargo screening facility authorizes to perform cargo screening or supervise cargo screening.
(2) Each individual the certified cargo screening facility authorizes to have unescorted access to cargo at any time from the time it is screened until the time it is tendered to another certified cargo screening facility, an indirect air carrier under 49 CFR part 1548 for transport on a passenger aircraft, an aircraft operator under part 1544, or a foreign air carrier under part 1546.
(3) The senior manager or representative of its facility in control of the operations.
(4) The security coordinators and their alternates.
(b) Security threat assessment. Before a certified cargo screening facility authorizes an individual to perform the functions described in paragraph (a) of this section, and before the individual performs those functions -
(1) Each individual must successfully complete a security threat assessment or comparable security threat assessment described in part 1540, subpart C of this chapter; and
(2) Each certified screening facility must complete the requirements in 49 CFR part 1540, subpart C.