96.66 Spectrum access system responsibilities related to priority access spectrum manager leases.§ 96.66 Spectrum access system responsibilities related to priority access spectrum manager leases.
(a) An SAS Administrator that chooses to accept and support leasing notifications shall:
(1) Verify that the lessee is on the certification list, as established in § 1.9046 of this chapter.
(2) Establish a process for acquiring and storing the lease notification information and synchronizing this information, including information about the expiration, extension, or termination of leasing arrangements, with the Commission databases at least once a day;
(3) Verify that the lease will not result in the lessee holding more than the 40 megahertz of Priority Access spectrum in a given License Area;
(4) Verify that the area to be leased is within the Priority Access Licensee's Service Area and outside of the Priority Access Licensee's PAL Protection Area; and
(5) Provide confirmation to licensee and lessee whether the notification has been received and verified.
(b) During the period of the lease and within the geographic area of a lease, SASs shall treat any CBSD operated by the lessee the same as a similarly situated CBSDs operated by the lessor for frequency assignment and interference mitigation purposes.[81 FR 49069, July 26, 2016]