38.25-3 Nondestructive testing - TB/ALL.§ 38.25-3 Nondestructive testing - TB/ALL.
(a) Before nondestructive testing may be conducted to meet § 38.25-1 (a)(4) and (a)(5), the owner shall submit a proposal to the Officer in Charge, Marine Inspection for acceptance that includes -
(1) The test methods and procedures to be used, all of which must meet section V of the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code (1986);
(2) Each location on the tank to be tested; and
(3) The test method and procedure to be conducted at each location on the tank.
(b) If the Officer in Charge, Marine Inspection rejects the proposal, the Officer in Charge, Marine Inspection informs the owner of the reasons why the proposal is rejected.
(c) If the Officer in Charge, Marine Inspection accepts the proposal, then the owner shall ensure that -
(1) The proposal is followed; and
(2) Nondestructive testing is performed by personnel meeting ASNT “Recommended Practice No. SNT-TC-1A (1988), Personnel Qualification and Certification in Nondestructive Testing.”
(d) Within 30 days after completing the nondestructive test, the owner shall submit a written report of the results to the Officer in Charge, Marine Inspection.[CGD 85-061, 54 FR 50963, Dec. 11, 1989]