Title 44

SECTION 295.10

295.10 Bringing a claim under the CGFAA.

§ 295.10 Bringing a claim under the CGFAA.

(a) Any Injured Person may bring a claim under the CGFAA by filing a Notice of Loss. A claim submitted on any form other than a Notice of Loss will not be accepted. The Claimant must provide a brief description of each Loss on the Notice of Loss.

(b) A single Notice of Loss may be submitted on behalf of a Household containing Injured Persons provided that all Injured Persons on whose behalf the claim is presented are identified.

(c) The Notice of Loss must be signed by each Claimant, if the Claimant is an individual or by a duly authorized legal representative of each Claimant, if the Claimant is an entity or an individual who lacks the legal capacity to sign the Notice of Loss. If one is signing a Notice of Loss as the legal representative of a Claimant, the signer must disclose his or her relationship to the Claimant. FEMA may require a legal representative to submit evidence of authority.

(d) Notice of Loss forms are available from OCGFC by request. They may be obtained through the mail, in person at the OCGFC office or by telephone request. The Notice of Loss form can also be downloaded from the Internet at http://www.fema.gov/cerrogrande.

(e) Notices of Loss may be filed with OCGFC by mail to P.O. Box 1480, Los Alamos, NM 87544-1480. OCGFC is unable to accept Notices of Loss submitted by facsimile or e-mail.

(f) A Notice of Loss that is completely filled out and properly signed is deemed to be filed on the date it is received by OCGFC.