3838.15 How do I benefit from properly submitting a NOITL on SRHA lands§ 3838.15 How do I benefit from properly submitting a NOITL on SRHA lands?
(a) For a 90-day period after you submit a NOITL with BLM and 30 days after you give notice to the surface owner:
(1) You may enter the lands covered by the NOITL to explore for minerals and locate mining claims (see § 3838.10 for location procedures);
(2) You may cause only minimal disturbance of the surface resources on the lands covered by the NOITL;
(3) You must not use mechanized earthmoving equipment, explosives, or toxic or hazardous materials; and
(4) You must not construct roads or drill pads.
(b) For 90 days after BLM accepts your NOITL, no other person, including the surface owner, may -
(1) Submit a NOITL for any lands included in your NOITL;
(2) Explore for minerals or locate a mining claim on the lands included in your NOITL; or
(3) File an application to acquire any interest under section 209 of FLPMA and part 2720 of this chapter in the lands included in your NOITL.
(c) If you file a plan of operations under subpart 3809 of this chapter with BLM, as provided in Section 1 of the Act of April 16, 1993, 43 U.S.C. 299(b), within the 90-day period, BLM will extend the effects of the 90-day period until BLM approves or denies the plan of operations under subpart 3809.
(d) Before you conduct mineral activities, you must post a bond or other financial guarantee to cover completion of reclamation (see subpart 3809 of this chapter), compensation to the surface owner for permanent damages to the surface and loss or impairment of the surface, and to cover permanent loss of income due to reduction in the owner's use of the land.